A Virtual Writing Group

“I write for the same reason I breathe-because if I didn't, I would die.”- Isaac Asimov

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Common Sense - Read before posting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tangynt
Admin

PostSubject: Common Sense - Read before posting.   Fri 20 Aug 2010, 12:43 am

First off, welcome to The Voice! A writing group centered around the love for young adult fiction and those that write it.

Everyone here is equal to everyone else. We all have the same end goal, being published, and we have accepted the opportunity to elevate one another to reach that goal. As such, the only thing required of everyone who participates in what is going on here is to exercise some basic common sense.

• Treat others as you would want to be treated or better. Be professional.

• If you post something, expecting to get feedback, return the favor as often as you can.

• Bad vibes are a no-no. There is a difference between constructive criticism and just downright nastiness.

• Not going to be a language Nazi but keep in mind that a mix of people means a mix of sensibilities. Try and keep colorful words to a minimum. This does not pertain to the content of a manuscript

• If a topic contains mature language or content, please indicate such in the topic title.

• When you revise something, post a brand new topic so everyone will know and come take a look. Not only that, it makes moderation a bit easier. The old topic will then be removed, so make sure you have taken notes regarding the critiques given. **Backups may be available on request but try to keep the number of said requests as low as possible.

• Above all else, have fun and let's help one another tell the best stories we can.

These rules are apt to change as we progress. Any alterations will be mentioned in the Announcements topic.

When posting your work, we'll borrow the title formate from Write On Con. Title your topic as such:

genre:TITLE

For instance, a favorite of mine is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. It would be titled Urban Fantasy: CITY OF BONES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/tangynt/work

Common Sense - Read before posting.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1